Thursday, January 23, 2014

Why Is It So Quiet In the House?

All the kids are back in school. Dudes, I got so much done today, by the time I had to pick them up, I was punch drunk from my productivity high. I was DRUNK with it. I felt MAHVELOUS.

I love that feeling.

The "first" story of my next collection, Masters of the Hotel Bentmoore, should be out by the end of the month. I write "first" in quotation marks because, unlike my last collection, I'm not numbering them one through four. Each story will have its own cover, too. I just happened to feel ready to give this particular story to my formatter first, so it will be the first to go out.

I'm deep in the editing process of the "second" story, so it can go out soon, too. But again, this process is slightly different from my last series: I'm not releasing them all at once, I'm releasing them as they are ready. That way, people can read each one as it comes out, and not wait for all four to reach what I consider perfection. Or, at least what I see as perfection. Sometimes, no matter how many times I read a story, and other people read the story, mistakes are overlooked until it's too late. Those mistakes kill me. KILL me. I try to snuff them out as much as I can.

I am excited. I am writing, I am editing, I am thinking up new stories...and I am enjoying myself. The new year is off to a great start.

(I hope I didn't just jinx it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment